Services(in the past)
Since the end of my over 20 years in managerial position at Goepfert, Reimer & Partner Ingenieurgesellschaft mbH (GRP) in Hamburg in 1994 I was the sole acting partner of DR.-ING-A.NOTTRODT GMBH until the mid of 2004. Since Juli, 1st, 2004 I continuing the activities of the company under my own name.
My clients were plant Constructors, private and communal plant Operators, public Authorities for Approval- and Licensing as well as Departments of the federal states and the Federation in Germany with their sectorial planning agencies on environmental affairs.
We were focussed on providing consultancy services for plant operators and authorities alike. We found solutions to environmental problems in general and offered support for process selection, planning, approval, construction, commissioning and inspections of plants for waste treatment and generation of electricity and heat.
- Engineering services in the planning, process selection, approval, construction, commissioning and inspections of plants for waste treatment waste, generation of electricity and heat, as well as air quality control.
- Appraisals of old plants and assistance with their renewal and/or refurbishment.
- Appraisals comparing the technical, ecological and economic aspects of concepts in the waste sector and waste treatment processes (e.g. appraisals of thermal and biological processes of waste treatment; comparisons of project-specific processes to aid decision making; technical and ecological examinations for the co-incineration of waste in industrial thermal processes).
- Consultancy services with regard to the technical and economic implementation of current German and European legislation concerning waste (e.g. the preparation of guides for the acceptance of waste in waste treatment plants following the introduction of the European waste catalogue; assistance for operators and authorities in determining measures for the utilization or elimination of waste in thermal waste-treatment plants and/or industrial thermal production processes in consideration of the pertinent national and European statutory provisions und suchlike).
- Dr. Nottrodt was actively involved in relevant specialist bodies, contributing, for example, to the guidelines prepared by the Kommission zur Reinhaltung der Luft (KRdL) (commission for air quality control). He also sat on the VDI and DIN committee for the VDI-guideline 3460 "Thermal Treatment of Waste". He was a personal member of the GVC/DECHEMA-specialist committee "Waste Treatment" in the VDI; member of the Gesellschaft für Umweltrecht e.V. (society for environmental law), and was the leading author of the Refuse Manual, published by the Erich Schmidt Verlag.